BAI/HIVAids Clinic & Pregnancy Prevention/Brazos Abiertos
Fundación BAI A.C. is…
A registered non-profit corporation established in México since 2007, by Public Notary No. 76, and which documentation remains in the Public Registry of the Property of the State of Yucatan.
Our Goals are…
• To decrease the spread of HIV and sexually transmitted diseases in Yucatan
• To improve access to healthcare and improve the overall quality of life for those people already infected with HIV
What Fundación BAI A.C. does…
• Conducts peer-to-peer HIV and safe sex workshops in the Mayan villages
• Distributes free condoms anonymously
• Offers free anonymous HIV testing for all persons
• Offers pre- and post-HIV test counseling
• Offers free medical channeling and monitoring.
• Middle school and high school students and adults through our Education program.
• General local population and high risk groups through our HIV testing program.
• Implement HIV/sex education curriculum in middle schools and high schools throughout the Yucatan Peninsula.
• Channel HIV positive people into the local HIV treatment programs and monitor their state of health.
• Provide feedback to State and local health authorities through our involvement in the COESIDA – YUCATAN committee.
• Local universities and organizations become more aware of the HIV issues facing the citizens of the Yucatan Peninsula.
• By working with elected officials and their local, state, and federal agencies to implement community health fairs.